Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im tryung to learn people, please help. I just did a power disc swap from a 73 nova into my 68 nova manual. When connecting the rod from the power booster I noticed my pedal hung about 2"s to low (will not engage the brake light swithch either). I was reading threads on here but it confussed me. Here is my question could I go to autozone or pepboys and order a 68 brake booster for manuel transmissions and would it fit, what can I do? I know I cant use the booster from drums/drums to disc/drums.:mad:

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
it doesn't matter automatic or manual transmission for the brake booster...

power brakes takes a different master cylinder than a car with manual brakes. the piston depth is different. also a disc/drum master shouldn't be used on a drum/drum brake car and vice-versa.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it doesn't matter automatic or manual transmission for the brake booster...

power brakes takes a different master cylinder than a car with manual brakes. the piston depth is different. also a disc/drum master shouldn't be used on a drum/drum brake car and vice-versa.
Ok I understand that. When connecting the rod from the power booster the pedal is maybe 2-2.5" lower My question is could I go to an autoparts supplier and get a 68 nova brake booster for disc/drum that will fit and not drop the pedal or did I do something wrong?

·
Registered
20,109 Posts
You can also get an adjustable rod and clevis (one came with my last 71 with my disc brake kit) if needed. I would think the booster should be no problem whether disc or drum.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts