Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I pulled my wounded engine out today and swapped in the 8-1 comp. 350 junker that came out of the "Rides Reunited" TV Chevelle. Should be interesting going from 640+ back to maybe 300h.p. BORING! Had it almost finished when it started to rain. Converted my Demon RS carb from 975 cfm to 775(smallest sleeves I had) so it won't drown itself. Has a RPM Airgap intake, a little Crane hydraulic cam and my old Hooker 1 3/4" headers. Gotta get Dale to whip up a temp exhaust system, maybe it won't be too embarrasing when people are expecting to see me do big wheelstands--Oh boy.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Dont feel bad bowtie0069,,,,,,my whole life ive only had maybe 300hp or less sbc!hopefully that will change.what did you do to your 414?

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haven't torn it down yet; found a broken rocker arm and MOST of the needle bearings, but a few are missing along with part of the bearing race. It started making some rude noises at the track the other night, so I had a friend trailer it home for me. I'll get into it this week and see what's up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts