Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any 4th gens out there running any of the B&M or Weiand under good blowers. I picked up a B&M 144 and was curious what size hood cowl people were using with it. I have heard 4" but I have also seen people saying you need a bigger and smaller one do I'm not sure what I really need. Anyone running one?

Also how much fun are they because I can't wait to use it?

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
829 Posts
I have a 4 3/4" fiberglass cowl hood on my '77. I run a Lsx now but when I had a small block in there, I had a 4" tall airfilter above the carb, and the top of the filter was flush with the bottom of the hood... so basically you have roughly 8 3/4" of room to play with on a 4th gen from the top of the carb. You should have plenty of room, take some measurements of the height of the supercharger and the carb.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Interesting. I am hoping to get a weiand 142 soon if I get my school money. I didnt want to have to buy a new hood but IF I have to then I do.

·
Premium Member
3,578 Posts
When I had my stock hood a breather wouldnt even fit under it with the big block

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a 4 3/4" fiberglass cowl hood on my '77. I run a Lsx now but when I had a small block in there, I had a 4" tall airfilter above the carb, and the top of the filter was flush with the bottom of the hood... so basically you have roughly 8 3/4" of room to play with on a 4th gen from the top of the carb. You should have plenty of room, take some measurements of the height of the supercharger and the carb.
How did you like the finger glad good because I read good and bad on them?

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Premium Member
3,578 Posts
I think I have the same hood as kyle 4 3/4 and when I got it looked good. But after some paint it needs alot of body work. It looks like a big square patch in the cowl.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts