Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I have been asking questions and doing the research and I'm finally ready to start building my first supercharged motor for my 1975 Nova. I will be updating this thread as I go through the whole build for anyone who has been interested in supercharged motors.

Here is a bit of background:
1975 nova, bought the car when I was 16, 4 years ago, and I drive it to school on nice days and hopefully it will see a bit of track time in the summer for fun. I'm from NEPA so if anyone else on this site is from around here then hopefully I will be seeing you this coming car season with the new motor.

The engine I'm building will be a 355 with a B&M 144. Not sure how much boost yet but I will get there.

Here are a few pics so far:

Bringing the new toy home

Tearing it apart and giving it a once over

After I got it back together I had to set it in a spare motor sitting around just for fun

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is the block number

It's an 010 block from a mid 70's truck, 4 bolt main. The guy was going to build a pretty good motor but wound up winning a 383 all forged internals at a big car show or something so I pick this up for $150. Hopefully going to take it to the machine shop to get it bored .30 over this week.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got some new toys for the blower motor build. Got a magna fuel electric fuel pump, aerospace components electric water pump, and a snow performance water-methanol injection system.

Don't have a pic of the fuel pump but here's the other 2 parts.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wish i knew you were looking for a mini blown motor. Getting ready to sell my 355 with 177 weiand blower complete.
That's ok. I like building motors. Part of the fun for me. Besides I keep just getting pieces racers are getting rid of because of rule changes or just don't need anymore, or people that need money are selling off. Surprisingly I have actually been building this motor on a low budget even though most of the pieces are top quality parts. But out if curiosity what kind of hp did your motor put out? Trying to get an idea on where I will be.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I would say im near the 500hp mark. My supercharger is a little bigger than yours tho. Will hit the track this spring with it and let you know how it runs.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm only going to run a holly 750 dual feed and I might step up to a 10 rib system. Still debating on that part right now. This small blower is really until I can get the money and add a 6-71. I just got this blower setup at a steal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts