Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i plan to mount a flat plate on the bottom of an 03-04 cobra mustang supercharger and run a tube from where the throttle body bolts up to a carb hat blowing into an edelbrock 750 carb.of course it will be spun off the front of the engine[crank].how well will this work?how much hp/tq could i expect to gain?it is a stock 80's 305.what are your thoughts?

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
spend your money on a crate motor and be done with it. that or just spray your 305 and watch it blow up. less work and more fun

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Honestly, you are only going to get about 25-30% more power out of it with boost. The 305 is over 20 years old, probably has a ton of miles on it, and unless you have taken it apart you have no idea what the bottom end looks like. That alone would make me second guess supercharging it. Besides, the heads they came with are junk for making any real power unless you spend a fortune on having them worked over. If you have the blower laying around and have the skills to do this yourself and dont mind the risk, fine. Otherwise, dont waist your time or money. Build a 350 short block so you can put some type of performance heads on the motor and probably make more power then the lightly boosted 305.

-Dan

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
i plan to mount a flat plate on the bottom of an 03-04 cobra mustang supercharger and run a tube from where the throttle body bolts up to a carb hat blowing into an edelbrock 750 carb.of course it will be spun off the front of the engine[crank].how well will this work?how much hp/tq could i expect to gain?it is a stock 80's 305.what are your thoughts?
is it me, or does sound funny.....????? isnt the COBRA charger a screw or roots type. i've never heard of anyone usin a roots/screw type charger & blowin thru a carb. if u mount a plate on the bottom side of that charger ur blockin the outtake side of that charger & where the TB is bolted up to is the intake side. sounds like u would have to run it reverse, but then how would u do that....??? im tired right now, so i may talkin out my behind.... can someone shed some light.....

LIL JOHN

1 - 5 of 5 Posts