Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone out there running 1 7/8 supercomps on their novas with factory steering setup looking at hooker 2207-1hkr headers if anyone is running them would like to know how they are and fit in search for headers badly nothing is fitting

·
Registered
20,113 Posts
Had to ding the last Super Comps I ran with power steering in my old 71 Nova. I want to say they were 1 3/4".

·
Registered
20,113 Posts
1 3/4" x 1 7/8" Dynatech and manual steering(quick ratio) in this one. I did have the same part number on the last 72 Nova(383 also) and it had power steering. As you know though Dynatech quit making them for gen. I sbc.

Attachments

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought the headman huslers but they didn’t end up fitting the car . Passenger side hit idler are horrible could only turn one way
1 3/4" x 1 7/8" Dynatech and manual steering(quick ratio) in this one. I did have the same part number on the last 72 Nova(383 also) and it had power steering. As you know though Dynatech quit making them for gen. I sbc.

Attachments

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don’t know what to do because the headmans didn’t work and sucks dynatech dropped the gen1 small block line off the headers I found these hooker 2207-1hkr supercomps that day they fit afr angle plug but really wondering fitment on the car if I have to change the box I will cause not going to bash on 800$ set of headers but running out of options hate to get custom ones made

·
Registered
20,113 Posts
Don’t know what to do because the headmans didn’t work and sucks dynatech dropped the gen1 small block line off the headers I found these hooker 2207-1hkr supercomps that day they fit afr angle plug but really wondering fitment on the car if I have to change the box I will cause not going to bash on 800$ set of headers but running out of options hate to get custom ones made
I ran Hedman Huslers about 10/12 years back and didn't have that issue on my 71 with 406 and AFR heads. There are two different small block mounts and that might be a problem. There is a short/wide and a tall skinny depending on 307 or 350. Don't know why as externally the engines are the same.

My engine up there has extra clearance at the box as it sits on big block stands with small block mounts.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah it’s got the tall skinny mounts
I ran Hedman Huslers about 10/12 years back and didn't have that issue on my 71 with 406 and AFR heads. There are two different small block mounts and that might be a problem. There is a short/wide and a tall skinny depending on 307 or 350. Don't know why as externally the engines are the same.

My engine up there has extra clearance at the box as it sits on big block stands with small block mounts.

·
Registered
878 Posts
As you know, a good running engine is a series of puzzle pieces that complement each other. What heads are you going to run to necessitate 1 7/8 headers?

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
That actually looks like a good replacement for the dynatech step headers that used to be made. It has a 1 7/8" pipe, but is a 1 3/4" at the head. You can't physically put a 1 7/8" header on a stock port small block. But to eliminate the need for the plates, they squashed it down to basically a 1 3/4 at the head to fit the factory bolt holes and then it opens back up.

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
You’ll be fine with those. Possibly a smidge to big.
Most of the AFR SBC heads are flowed with a 1-3/4 pipe anyway.
I was “told” my 1-3/4” super comps are small for my 406 with comp ptd afrs.
The only reason I replaced the 1-5/8” hedders was they were clipping the corners of the exhaust port.
Ran the times in my sig with those and a full exhaust.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts