Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
714 Posts
jaysunal said:
I took off work just to go to memphis and huntsville. Will be at both.
I'm not going to be able to make the Memphis show this weekend. Got to work, but hope you guys have a great time and take some pics.
I am definitely going to Huntsville and would like to go ahead and make some reservations. Anybody know much about the Huntsville area?? The racetrack looks like it's way out of town. Any suggestions on a good area to stay for this?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
520 Posts
sc memphis

Hey JR

got your pm a few minutes ago. glad we got to meet today at the memphis show. enjoyed talking and hopefully will cya in huntsville also. Jason
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,407 Posts
Gota66 said:
I'm not going to be able to make the Memphis show this weekend. Got to work, but hope you guys have a great time and take some pics.
I am definitely going to Huntsville and would like to go ahead and make some reservations. Anybody know much about the Huntsville area?? The racetrack looks like it's way out of town. Any suggestions on a good area to stay for this?
http://www.huntsvilledragway.com/

If you get A hotel in Huntsville, you can get to the track in about 15-20 minutes. I would try something around University Drive in Huntsville. I haven't stayed at one in years locally so I don't know the rates. The website for the track list some.

Tommy:)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You guys missed a good weekend in Memphis. It rained bad Fri. but I roamed the parts anyway and got some great deals. Met Jaysunal and his Dad-Real nice guys and the Yenko guy-I think Syc. Just about all the Novas were on the strip and a few in the show. Now gotta get ready for Huntsville. Y'all that are going PM me and we will look each other up. Never did see Vaporloc??
JR:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
714 Posts
JR said:
You guys missed a good weekend in Memphis. It rained bad Fri. but I roamed the parts anyway and got some great deals. Met Jaysunal and his Dad-Real nice guys and the Yenko guy-I think Syc. Just about all the Novas were on the strip and a few in the show. Now gotta get ready for Huntsville. Y'all that are going PM me and we will look each other up. Never did see Vaporloc??
JR:)
Hey JR, hope you got some good pics to post from this weekend. I am going to Huntsville and will probably go ahead and make some reservations this week. I'll PM ya!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good deal Todd. I am looking on the net at the hotels and a bunch are already booked up. I have a few pics but was real- busy selling and roamin around looking at parts. Just about anything you would want.
I think the best deal on the shows and swap meet is to buy the swap meet spot and park there so you can roam around-sell stuff and sit in your vehicle and rest when you get tired. Cheaper too if you are planning on being there for 2 or 3 days.:)
And bring anything you want to sell from the ole kitchen sink to the car.:D
I missed out on a 66SS trunk panel,good driver. A guy walked up and looked at mine and had one in his hand. Said some guy had $25 on it and he got it for $20.:D :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
436 Posts
Got a few of us 4th Gen'ers together that are going. So far there are about 5 of us from the Gen4Novas site in the Atlanta area that will be going, and possibly a few more from surrounding states. Planning on having a little vote ourselves amongst the 4th Gen'ers to help promote the site and make it a little more fun.

Hope to see some of you there.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
jade76 said:
Got a few of us 4th Gen'ers together that are going. So far there are about 5 of us from the Gen4Novas site in the Atlanta area that will be going, and possibly a few more from surrounding states. Planning on having a little vote ourselves amongst the 4th Gen'ers to help promote the site and make it a little more fun.

Hope to see some of you there.
Hey Jade76, did you go to Huntsville? A few of us were there and I must have missed you. Real nice show.:)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,057 Posts
i'll do my best to be there... how about a steve's cruise to commerce? there are plenty of good places to meet near the drag strip.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
92 Posts
I Will Be In Commerce, Car Less, Got To Look At My 67 Chevelle In
Augusta....will Be There With 2 Freinds Looking To Buy And Sell
Parts....look For Us, We Will Have The Drinks Resonably Priced.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,057 Posts
jade76 said:
Got a few of us 4th Gen'ers together that are going. So far there are about 5 of us from the Gen4Novas site in the Atlanta area that will be going, and possibly a few more from surrounding states. Planning on having a little vote ourselves amongst the 4th Gen'ers to help promote the site and make it a little more fun.

Hope to see some of you there.
just checked out the website, i signed up even though i wish i had a 4th gen. :thumbsup:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,057 Posts
SRNONI said:
I Will Be In Commerce, Car Less, Got To Look At My 67 Chevelle In
Augusta....will Be There With 2 Freinds Looking To Buy And Sell
Parts....look For Us, We Will Have The Drinks Resonably Priced.
how will we find ya? lol... put up a steve's poster and help get the word out about the site maybe? :D;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,933 Posts
Whatch your cars at all times.My dad has some friends that came down to super chevy with two ss monte carlos and they got stolen last year.They got one of them back.It is compleaty striped.They can't find the other one.So be carefull!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
436 Posts
JR,

No, didn't make it to Huntsville. I would have like to have gone, but found out about it a little too late. Would've been carless for it anyways. My car has a ways to go to call it show, but for the past 3 years I've been working on my 76 SS and I've caught the 4th Gen fever. I hope I don't ever lose it!!! :beer:

I just really starting to get into the shows and stuff so I've still got a few things to learn if I want to compete at all with mine, and I would like to. I thought I'd have it painted by now, but looks I'll be rolling to Commerce in gray primer, but as long as she gets there on her own, that's all I'm really concerned about right now. Been having engine problems, rebuilt and unran. May have to swap out to the 250 for the show. :eek:


As far as the cars go, there are many people in the Atlanta area that would be happy to drive off with them, and security systems are only a deterrent. Definitely take care in rural hotels. I've heard of lot's of people installing additional devices such as hidden battery and fuel cutoff switches to help deter theft, and you can get creative with something like that. The harder it is to find, the longer it takes to crank her up. My car will have a primary alarm and at least two secondary devices for back-up. Hopefully by the time the primary is disabled and the secondaries are found, I will have time to respond.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top