Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
6,462 Posts
I think there was a post on Facebook about the system and it didn't fit there early gen Nova. Even if the muffler and forward worked, it would be a good deal.

Here's what he posted: I had this kit for my 65, and returned it because the pipes didn't line up at all. Kept the mufflers and had a custom system built.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
The model listing should really be 1968-1979 Nova.

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The model listing should really be 1968-1979 Nova.
But for what it is any competent shop can bend up what’s needed to finish for way cheaper then a full custom stainless exhaust

·
Registered
1970 Nova SS 350 Brandon, MS
515 Posts
Received yesterday, nice looking stuff and the tail pipes exit close to the factory location...angled down behind the rear tires. Only issue was, due to rough handling (FedEx) during its travels, one corner of the box ripped open and all of the loose hardware/clamps/etc was lost. Jegs is making everything right by sending a replacement hardware kit.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
But for what it is any competent shop can bend up what’s needed to finish for way cheaper then a full custom stainless exhaust
Yes, but one would need to consider how much may need to be tossed in order for it to work on a 1st or 2nd gen Nova. See the comment above by Shane65.

One should also keep in mind that most hometown exhaust shops don't have mandrel benders, or cut-and-weld J-bends and donuts to fabricate the missing links.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts