Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my gauge clusters from Jeff. WOW!!!!!!!! Like opening a box with NOS instrument clusters in them. He recalibrated my KPH speedos and converted both AMP gauges to Volts, I left the stock face on the 63 SS volt cluster. I'll have my NOS clock converted for the 63 cluster. Also got the higher oil pressure on the 65 cluster. Awesome job Jeff, thanks.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
That looks great Do you think you will be driving over 120 mph daily . I've been 142 once I know because I was next to a freind on a bike. Hate to ask but what did it put you back

. Later Larry Mc

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Doubt I'll ever have either car above 120 or so, the front end gets so light at that speed, maybe on the track. I'd like to try the Silver State Challenge some time but that take lots of prep and extra $$. I just wanted something unique and the KPH speedos fit the bill. Plus the 65 tach gives me the look of original but matches my engine redline better than a stock 65 tach.

I traded several SS clusters and NOS gauges with Jeff for some of the work, but if you contact him or look up Supercar clusters on the site, you can probably get a price quote. I don't know if he does 2nd gens yet.

·
Registered
542 Posts
i just installed mine a few nights ago . i sat there and stared with a big grin on my face for quite a while!!!!

·
Premium Member
7,758 Posts
I told Reno I didn't want to be in the cars when he was going 200.:D

Both of his Ammeters have been converted to voltmeters. No shunt required. One has the new 8v to 18v scale screened on it and the other retains the factory Ammeter face (even though it's really a voltmeter now).

The speedometers and odometers have been calibrated to the factory ratio which means if a stock speedo read the correct speed with the gears in his car, the new one will too. I can also re-calibrate the speedometers to compensate for rear end gear and tire diameter changes but need to have all the info up front. That means you don't have to go scrounging around for the correct transmission speedo drive gear which can be a hit or miss thing depending on what tire size and rear gears you end-up using.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts