Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I need a Tach for my chevy II. I saw a picture of the SunPro super tach III and I like it. Do you think it would look good mounted in the top of my steering column or do you think I should look into buying a different tach? Sunpro has been around for a long time but they dont seem as popular. I always thought autometer was a little better because they seem to cost more. So what are your opinions on sunpro and the supertach III? This will be for my 194 six and maybe a 383 to come and its a daily driver.

-Aaron

·
Registered
248 Posts
I'm a SunPro man myself. I've got a SuperTach II I think and it hasn't failed me yet. I also run a triple gauge set (temp, volt, oil), but the temperature has busted in the past (only like $15). SunPro is a good brand, but I'd go with Autometer if you were serious enough to sport the dough.

Remember, you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I have a SuperTach II and it only lasted about 2 years........I had an old Sun though that lasted several years,was still working fine when I sold the car.
I now have Autometer in my cars.

·
Premium Member
10,210 Posts
americangraffiti said:
I'm an old school kind of guy...use SW stuff with upgraded ciruitry
Hey that looks like the same guages I have in my guage pod..I like the old school look and hey they were in the car when I got it in '88 and still working well....;)

My tach is autometer however...it was in the car in '88 too

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
My brother gave me a Sun Pro II tach years ago. I installed it because it was free. To my surprise, I ran incredibly consistent times at the drag strip with this tach. (Enough to run very competitive in brackets.) For this reason, I have continued using them.

I tried the Sun Pro Powerline tach with shift light a few years ago and hated it. It seemed kind of lazy about following the engine rpms. (That and I can't get used to shifting with a light. Too many years of watching that needle, I guess.)

I haven't had any experience with the Super Tach III.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts