Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vintage SUN BLUELINE / TACH 8000 rpm ST-602 BLUE LINE TACH
this is the tach i have in my nova. it works great but no light working. i'm thinking the light worked when i bought the car. but in checking all the lights outside an inside i just noticed that its burnt out i guess. a long shot but does anyone have the instructions for this tach. i'm thinking its going to be a close job as i do't have much for extra wire in the back of the tach.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no, i just went out an double checked. its on the face as model st-602 an has a blue color line.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
here is a picture. so any paper instuctions on this tach to find out on the web ?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
67... thats some very cool papers there. i'll make a copy of them, okay? still want something showing it disassembled. i just never know what to expect when i start removing hardware.

·
Premium Member
1,991 Posts
Red,

Copy away!! I asked Dom, whom is a member here, if he has any paperwork on

this tach...he may.

Dave

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks many times. i'm thinking this is an ooolder tach.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Repointer1 thanks i got the wiring pattern off that link an the pictures looks like the light socket is at the top an the 2 nut studs are there that hold the back case cover.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The light bulb and it’s socket is not electronically connected to the tachs wiring. It is separate and just pops into the back of the tachometer housing. You can very easily lengthen the wire when you change the bulb. Be sure NOT to use the wrong bulb. Bulb # 363 is what is supposed to be used in that tach.
I have lots of sockets and bulbs if you need any, let me know !!!
SUBLIME763

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,014 Posts
A good friend just gave me a set of Stewart Warner green line gauges and a Sun 602 tach. The boxes for the tach and chrome cup too. His brother had them in his '62 SS, my friend had them in his '57 and now they will go in my '66 SS. Makes me pretty happy!

·
Premium Member
1,991 Posts
A good friend just gave me a set of Stewart Warner green line gauges and a Sun 602 tach. The boxes for the tach and chrome cup too. His brother had them in his '62 SS, my friend had them in his '57 and now they will go in my '66 SS. Makes me pretty happy!
We need pictures!!

Dave

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
sublime763.... thanks for the picture of tach back. now i know how the bulb socket comes out, just snaps out with a # 363 bulb.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
here's the final low down on the burnt out bulb. its still there an burnt out. some jobs dont work out. 6 places in town an no one has a # 363 bulb. an on the other side i did remove the tach from the mounting base. an then the two acorn style nuts from the back of the tach. i pulled this way an that way an turned but could not get the pieces to come apart. so rather than break some thing all went back together. an found an old garter an slipped that around the outside of the tach.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts