Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody going to Irwindale next Sunday? I will be there with a new 200-4R. Not sure yet if I will race it, but will definitely run for time. I figure to get at least 5 runs in and am curious to see if my 60 ft and et drops.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
I have some things I wanna play with on my car, but I still plan to be out there. I will let you know. If you're racing I'll make an excuse to get out there regardless if my car is good to go

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Craig, they try to make sure everybody gets 3 runs before noon, then they shut down until 1 PM. Once they get past the first couple of rounds of racing, you can pretty much make as many runs as you want until they start the semis, about 3 PM. Hope you make it, I'd like to see your car run :yes::yes:

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Hey bob, how's it feel with the new trans?

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey bob, how's it feel with the new trans?
Cruising 65 at 2000 rpm is sweet! :yes: And I love the lockup toggle switch. One thing I am still getting used to is the throttle action with the TV cable, its a lot stiffer off idle. You really have to mash the pedal from a stop.

Haven't really loaded the converter yet but it just seems to be much tighter at cruising speed. I will test the stall on my secret test track on the way home tonight and give you an update.:devil:

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
I'm going to try and make it out there with the T-Shirt printer, so if anybody needs a new shirt with a picture of your car in action...........
$20, takes just a few minutes.

·
Registered
761 Posts
the car will not by done . But Im going to try to be out there giving nova support to the fellow nova guys , :yes:

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
I'll show up to say hi and see bob do his best. Didn't get travel limiters in yet, so I won't be racing. The heat isn't appealing either.

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
I'll show up to say hi and see bob do his best. Didn't get travel limiters in yet, so I won't be racing. The heat isn't appealing either.
Travel limiters? You dont need no stinking travel limiters, LOL. Yea i wasn't sure i wanted to be out in the heat either but at least i can run back into the motorhome and cool off. :yes:

Bob, are you still going?

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ya, I'm leaving in 5 min. Not crazy about the heat, but It will be my last to run the car for a while (vacation and other stuff). See ya out there.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
I talked to anthony and some guys on the stickshift site and they said to play with the travel. That and it might apply more leverage. Made sense when other people were talking about it. I also wanna check out some stuff on my clutch to know how much clearance I have. Leaving my house in a few. I had a long weekend so far...

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Congrats Art on your win. I was happy to be there and see it. Bob, things will work out, I promise. No car works perfect the first time out with something new. Everyone's times were off thanks to the 90* heat. It was a fun day even though it was hot. Art and Kay and Frank, you guys were great keeping people out of the heat in your rv. Good people, good times

1 - 20 of 27 Posts