Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some advise.. I purchased a Summit 380325 Radiator.. The radiator I had was a bit wider and I had the Flex-a-lite dual fans. The size of the fans is 26.5 x 15.5 and the size of my new radiator is 21 x 19 .. I have a single fan 12 fan that I can use.. I have a 383 running about 9.6 to 1 compression and also am running A/C.. I was wondering if anyone else is running the Summit radiator and a single fan and it if keeps them cool.. I would think the aluminum radiator would help...

Mitch

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Mitchc said:
I need some advise.. I purchased a Summit 380325 Radiator.. The radiator I had was a bit wider and I had the Flex-a-lite dual fans. The size of the fans is 26.5 x 15.5 and the size of my new radiator is 21 x 19 .. I have a single fan 12 fan that I can use.. I have a 383 running about 9.6 to 1 compression and also am running A/C.. I was wondering if anyone else is running the Summit radiator and a single fan and it if keeps them cool.. I would think the aluminum radiator would help...

Mitch
my dad has a monte carlo with a 540 in it. it makes about 925 horse and has gone [email protected] it has a summit alum. radiator, csi electric pump, and a cast thermostat housing. runs fairly cool for a racecar(165-205) granted weve never raced in the summer yet with this radiator.

·
Registered
287 Posts

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
If you have the 380325 radiator a Taurus fan is about a perfect fit. We've done a couple of cars with this setup, including our 64 road racer. Lenny Bird has this setup in his 64 also.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I'd try to put as much cooling potential there as possible on an AC car and let the thermostat do its job. Cheers!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the replys.. I said I had a 12" fan.. Its 16".. I think I'm headed to the Pick a Part this weekend.. What Taurus do I look for Year, make model, engine size..

Thanks guys

Mitch

1 - 6 of 6 Posts