Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok well I just sent a email to summit asking about this and thought I would run it by you guys to see what you thought.

1.......First off I bought the brake kit conversion from drum to disk. Paid my mechanic to do it and well everything was complete and looked great shocks, sway bars, new rear end everything has been upgraded so this guy took some time doing it.

2..... The problem the rotors are warped.... yep after all of the work they are warped and shakes like crazy. well got the new ones in and put those on now everything drives like it just came off the car lot.

3..... Well what I asked summit was since this is under warranty and was exchanged with no hassle shouldn't I be able to include the receipt from my mechanic from where he charged me 50.00 to replace the defective ones with the new ones? I already dropped a good amount with them and its not my fault i had to have it done over so what do you guys think?
Jason

·
Registered
150 Posts
I would be shocked if they paid for that. I would guess that they even have that written in to their warranty. It would be like going into Walmart, buying a spark plug paying someone else to install it finding out it was bad and expecting Walmart to pay for the labor. They would defiitley not cover that.

Good luck, but I don't think you'll get it.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Most of the time warrantys only cover the material/product being free from defects. Since the rotors were warped right out of the box, they'll replace them, but you're probably on your own with the labor cost. Plus you have to realize that most people who shop at places like Summit would do the work them selves, so they're not expeecxting you to pay someone else to do it. You may get lucky, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts