Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got this in an email from Summit...

Finally--a reason to look forward to Mondays...

*SUMMIT RACING MONDAY NIGHT CRUISE-INS*

Stop by the Summit Racing Equipment Retail Super Store in McDonough every Monday through October 30 (except holidays) for Monday Night Cruise-Ins! It`s your chance to hang out with fellow hot rod enthusiasts and:

*Show off your ride

*See the hottest cars and trucks around--ALL vehicles welcome

*Go home with special door prizes

*Enjoy a live DJ and food

Summit Racing Monday Night Cruise-Ins take place every Monday (except holidays) through October 30, from 6:00 pm to 8:30 pm. For directions to the Summit Racing Equipment Retail Super Store go to http://www.summitracing.com/redir.asp?email=605105 or
call 1-770-288-3200 for more information.

·
Premium Member
2,057 Posts
I talked to Mr. Randy Triggs at Summit earlier this week and he said he said he interested in giving us Nova guys our own row as the featured vehicle on any night we want if we get enough of us there.

Although the official time is 6 to 8.30 pm, he says people start rolling in and vendors start up the bbq grills at 4pm.

Anyone interested in making a collective cruise to Summit, and maybe even get a big banner for the website up? :D

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry I won't be able to make the party. I am working 2nd shift and the boss probably wouldn't understand. Best I could do is maybe drop by for a few minutes on my lunch break.

... or find a new job. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,057 Posts
Could we all set a date and you could take a half-day? Say you're getting a root canal :D

If we all set a date and roll in early, it'd be great to be the featured vehicle for the night, they can roll out the goodmark nova too. I thought it'd be cool to put the early projects on one side and progress to the completely show on the other side, then hang a steve's banner in the back and we'd be good to go :D

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I went to Summit today. The manager you talked to about this idea came running up and going on and on about the Stevesnovasite night. I told him I couldn't make it because of my work schedule. And he's like,"Well, maybe you could just drop off your car before you go to work." :eek: Yeah, right. That would be like leaving your infant child to fend for themselves in a Grocery Store parking lot for several hours. It ain't happenin'.

There is a very slim chance I might be able to make the trip to Perry on the fifth(I've requested the day off and haven't gotten a response yet.). Right now the old girl is up on the lift, the differential is in pieces(bad axle), and the wheels are being stripped for new paint. Meanwhile I have to bring home the bacon, juggle my budget to pay for two new tires, and finish her up in my spare time.
I like my car and I like the hobby but I have to keep a roof over my head and groceries on the table first. The car and recreation have to take a backseat. Sometimes it sucks being a grown up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts