Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am trying to put on the summit 2.50" dual exhaust. everything looks good back to the over the axle pipe. i just cant seem to see how it fits and mounts. does anyone have any pics that i could get an idea from?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the reply. i figured it out. i was impressed by the quality and ease of installation.

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
It's actually a pretty decent system for the price. They only issues I had were it exits right at the shackle and blows exhaust on it. The second was my wife thought it was to loud.

·
Registered
748 Posts
It's actually a pretty decent system for the price. They only issues I had were it exits right at the shackle and blows exhaust on it. The second was my wife thought it was to loud.
Thats funny my wife says my car ain't loud enough.

·
Registered
39 Posts
So the Summit exhaust kit was a good bang for the buck?? I am in the middle of deciding which way to go on the exhaust, didn't know anyone with experience with the complete "header-back" exhaust systems. Did that Summit Kit come with an X pipe?

·
Registered
52 Posts
no it does not but all the pipes with the x pipe are about $200 to $300 more in my opinion it is not worth it.

·
Premium Member
3,563 Posts
So the Summit exhaust kit was a good bang for the buck?? I am in the middle of deciding which way to go on the exhaust, didn't know anyone with experience with the complete "header-back" exhaust systems. Did that Summit Kit come with an X pipe?
You missed out, Summit was running a special on their exhaust. $160! :eek: I bought one for my Nova. :D:devil::yes: Now it costs $200.

You can add an X-pipe to the Summit kit. Was on sale for $75. Now $85.

I'll post an install thread as soon as I'm done welding it up. UPS says it will be delivered tomorrow! :D :D

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i think the system is pretty good for the price. the sound is not obnoxious and the quallity is good. and i like that it has 2 mufflers instead of the combined one that most other kits have

·
Premium Member
3,563 Posts
x2. I like a system that has two muffs, not that transverse mounted single muffler [email protected] :rolleyes:

My $160 Summit 2.5" exhaust kit arrived Saturday! Woo-hoo! :D I took pics - will post tonight or tomorrow. Very very nice quality on the materials, and the mandrel bends are perfect. Just from the looks of it, the best $160 I've spent in a long time!

Keeping American jobs alive... Made in the USA! :usa:

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
I am sure you can still get that deal from Summit if your "schmoozy" enough on the phone.

69, look forward to the install pics. I'll probably be using this same kit.
What part number is this?

Al

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Other than sound and performance, or should I say POTENTIAL performance gains, why would someone go with the 2.5 vs. the 2.25. For my mild application I am thinking the 2.25 is all I need. I have had people tell me sometimes too big of an exhaust can actually hurt performance.

What was the stock size on original dual systems?

I used to have those turbo style mufflers and always thought they were too loud.

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
The factory exhaust was a 2 inch compression bent system I believe. On a mild small block a 2.25 inch mandrel bend system would be more than enough. 2.5 inch systems are good up to 500 HP.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts