Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Well.......according to the vin #, it was originally a 6 cylinder car.:rolleyes: No 4 speeds were available with the 6 cylinder engine. Lots of things not right with this car.

·
13,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well.......according to the vin #, it was originally a 6 cylinder car.:rolleyes: No 4 speeds were available with the 6 cylinder engine. Lots of things not right with this car.
Correct, only 3 speed manual or powerglide available with the 6 cylinder. Also check the 283 numbers on the front fender. They just stuck them above the 230CID six cylinder shield. If this car had been an original 283, it would have had crossed flags on the fenders...no numbers.

Bob

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
Feedback

Check out his feedback, it'll tell you all you need to know about this rare Buick guy!!! I sent him a few questions!!!!!!!!!!!!

FYI, nice car but it is kinda glued together! The VIN is a 6cyl from the factory and no 4spd were available with a 6. The cowl tag would have a 2L designation. Post a pic of the cowl tag. The 283 numbers were added or glued above a 6cyl emblem. The 283 was at most 220hp. Good luck with the auction and I would suggest you revise the "Factory 4spd" claim before someone gets....????
Cheers Ric

we'll see if we get a reply!!!

·
Premium Member
4,045 Posts
Does a stock 283 ( if that engines not stock...I'll drink ten beers instead of Six )..have more snap than a 383 ?????..........

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts

Ladies & Gents............ I give you his reply!!!!!

Dear last67,

I usually don't respond to negative gurus as I've had two of my own gurus tell me it is a factory 4-speed car. I guess the car is not an L79 numbers matching car to start with or in an $80,000.00 price range. Therefore I think what it is today is a lot more important than what it was before. Thanks, Dirk
- sawbuck2529

sounds like a real winner here!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Is that his real name? "DIRK":confused: Maybe his parents mispelled it and put an 'R' where the 'C' should have been.

If he was a Steve's member he would know this car was originally a 6 cyl. Maybe he needs better Guru's:D

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
Is that his real name? "DIRK":confused: Maybe his parents mispelled it and put an 'R' where the 'C' should have been.

If he was a Steve's member he would know this car was originally a 6 cyl. Maybe he needs better Guru's:D
or an o where the i is

·
13,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I also sent him a question regarding the 4 speed in a six cylinder. It's apparent from his answer to my question and others posted on the listing, that he's making claims based on what he's been told by a former owner....not a good idea.

Bob

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Off base but is that an orignal GM color? And if so which one??
My 67 is the exact same color and the guy I bought my car from told me it was a factory color back then. If its true or not I don't know. I'll look at the extra paint he gave me when I get home and post up the name of it later.

·
13,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It's very hard to determine an actual color from pictures. His listing says the exterior and interior are teal, which doesn't tell us anything. The car could be Mist Blue with a blue interior. The seat upholstery isn't original and doesn't appear to match the door panels, so........! Bogie asked him to post a pic of the cowl tag, but I don't think he will, because it probably would show up additional flaws in his description of the car.

Bob

·
Premium Member
748 Posts
I too sent a question.....we'll see if Dork answers mine!

Dear sawbuck2529,

First off the car looks pretty nice but I have a couple of questions. It appears that the 283 numbers are glued above the 6 cyl. shield making me think it was a 6 cyl. from the factory. No big deal there...most of them were 6 cyl. The thing is, GM never made a 4 speed available with a 6 cyl. in a Nova so it can't be factory as advertised. Probably an accidental mistake in your listing no doubt. Do you have any additonal information? Thanks for your time

- nr56

·
Registered
485 Posts
Boy were brutal on here the poor guy is just trying to sell a car. I have come accross so many adds stating one thing and find out its something else. He should just fess up and tells us the real story its not a bad car. He will get the same price if he tells the truth about the car beings its not a numbers matching car anyway. By lying about the car most people forget there gurus like us out there to prove them wrong. The bad thing is someone will buy the car that has no clue and in a week or two we will see them on this site as a new member.

·
Premium Member
748 Posts
I too sent a question.....we'll see if Dork answers mine!

Dear sawbuck2529,

First off the car looks pretty nice but I have a couple of questions. It appears that the 283 numbers are glued above the 6 cyl. shield making me think it was a 6 cyl. from the factory. No big deal there...most of them were 6 cyl. The thing is, GM never made a 4 speed available with a 6 cyl. in a Nova so it can't be factory as advertised. Probably an accidental mistake in your listing no doubt. Do you have any additonal information? Thanks for your time

- nr56
His answer to me:

Dear nr56,

The car has a rust free body, as does the undercarriage, trunk pans, quarter panels, etc. It is in immaculate shape, good luck.. Hope you are interested.

- sawbuck2529

·
13,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
This seller has received at least 5 messages from people on this site informing him that a six cylinder couldn't have a 4 speed. He still insists on hanging on to the previous owner's claim that it did, even though he has absolutely nothing to substantiate that claim.
Bob

·
Premium Member
748 Posts
Question added

Well he did add my question to his auction for everyone to see, I suppose that is something. He "kinda" in a small sort of way, let's us believe now that the car has a "factory shifter and trans". I guess he means not aftermarket like Hurst. He's busted and he knows it but I agree with everyne else, list it for what it is which is a very car and let the chips fall.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts