Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
14,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody else have suspicions that this might not be a real SS? Full length mid body trim, non SS rocker mouldings, etc. The description calls it an SS, but then specifically mentions that it has bucket seats, console, SS emblems, etc. Not sure why you would do that. I've sent a message asking for confirmation that it has an SS VIN, but no reply. There's also at least one other thing that might uncover it as an imposter. Can you spot it?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1966...cks?hash=item4147e9f027&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245

Bob

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
My gueses

1) Super Sport emblems on the quarters look to be in the wrong position and glued on. I don't see the studs coming though into the trunk.
2) Powerglide is missing.
3) SS 327 came with a 12 bolt?
4) Is that a longer, 1965 console?

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Yep, that's definitely a '65 console. Also appears to have '62-'63 rocker moldings on it as well. His ebay user name is mnmopars........so maybe he doesn't know much about Chevy II's.:rolleyes:

·
Banned
3,991 Posts
That's great eyes right there. I didn't even bother to look for the trunk studs. :no:

My first thought was the gauge cluster...... there should be a clock on the '66 SS.... I think. :) But I certainly don't know.

Geez Bob, these quizzes suddenly became more difficult!!! :rolleyes::confused:

Thanks for posting these - my brain needs a good scrubbing now and then.

Cheers, Tim

1) Super Sport emblems on the quarters look to be in the wrong position and glued on. I don't see the studs coming though into the trunk.

·
Premium Member
750 Posts
you guys are killing me....

OK.....I emailed him too....lol.....let's see if he answers mine:

Dear mnmopars,

Nice car, I may be interested in bidding on. I have a couple of questions though:
1. I'd like to see the VIN to verify the SS option
2. This is because it has what looks to be a 65 console in it
3. and the side moldings don't look correct either.
You've got a pretty proud BIN price and I'd just like some more to go on.

Thanks for your time.....nr56

·
14,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My first thought was the gauge cluster...... there should be a clock on the '66 SS.... I think. :) But I certainly don't know.
Cheers, Tim
Good eye, Tim. The SS had a clock as standard equipment. Lesser models did not.
Just got an e-mail from the seller. Surprize:rolleyes:......it's a clone. Can't sneak one by the folks at SNS:). As stated in a previous post, why can't people just advertise their car for what it is.

Bob

·
Super Moderator
67 4 door, 65 wagon (in pieces)
6,669 Posts
Is the horn emblem correct?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts