Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
14,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my 69 2dr back from the strippers today and will be taking it to the body shop next week. I am still not sure what color to paint it and my wife says any color but orange. I am thinking about the black cherry that came on the mid nineties impala ss's or a color called Bahama Blue that i have seen on several magazine cars. The car will be running Convo Pro wheels. The rears can be as wide as 16". It currently has 12" wide wheels on the back, but not convos. I would prefer to stay with the reds or blues but I am open to suggestions/pictures etc. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
9,228 Posts
With those colors and wheel selection you must be building to an "old school" theme. My suggestion is to decide on a particular theme and stick with it for the entire car. Mixing old and new things into one car just doesn't work in the end. Good luck and have fun. There are lots of good colors from House of Kolor for example. It all depends on what your tastes are and what look you want to end up with.

·
Registered
399 Posts
1quik69 said:
I just got my 69 2dr back from the strippers today and will be taking it to the body shop next week. I am still not sure what color to paint it and my wife says any color but orange. I am thinking about the black cherry that came on the mid nineties impala ss's or a color called Bahama Blue that i have seen on several magazine cars. The car will be running Convo Pro wheels. The rears can be as wide as 16". It currently has 12" wide wheels on the back, but not convos. I would prefer to stay with the reds or blues but I am open to suggestions/pictures etc. Thanks.
I agree with Mike, Go with House of Kolor. Start with some sample boards. Pick different base's to go with the color of your choice. I went with Blue and a Black Base. Paint is a major decision, you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
I don't know how deep your pockets are but, that paint color is someting you have to live with. You either will have to paint it again or sell the car if you don't like the color!!

Do some searching for the make and model of your car on the web. Then, if you do find a paint color you like, go to the local AutoZone and pick up one of those 12oz. cans of paint,and a couple of other colors that attract your attention. Then, find a piece of metal, (or a spot on the car that can be sanded again), and do some painting. (Make sure that the test spot is big enough to get the visual you will need to see it for the entire car.) This way, you are not out that much cash and you get to see the paint on the car at different angles. Trust me, the passengers side of my car has about 5 colors on it in different spots and I haven't decided on which one yet...

That is a choice that will stick with you for a while. Just choose carefully.

Dan

·
Registered
491 Posts
I am looking at a Hummer color. 2004, 2005 or 2006 red. Need to visit the dealer and look at paint chips. I like the red but will be adding a taste of gold.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts