Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey' I would like for someone to tell me what would be a good size tire and wheel to use on the front and back of my 66 nova if I change mine from 14" to 15" wheels without having to make any other changes.Thanks for any replies.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
welcome to the web site. There are a bunch of tire combos that work for the 66. For example, and this is depending on a 4.5 back spacing for the rim, you could fit a 245/60 on the back with no problems. But, someone else with that tire combo might have an issue with rubbing. Every car has it's own little "quirks" to them and you would have to measure twice and purchase once. Just do a "search" in the Drivetrain & Performance" section and you will see a bunch of stuff that will help.

http://www.novaresource.org/ Check this web site out. It's filled with some pics and write-ups for tire sizes and rims.

Dan

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So it for sure takes a 4.5 inch backspace, I wasn't sure on that.This is my first 66 nova because I have allways had 66 chevelle's. Thanks for your reply and I'm sure I will be asking more questions.

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
crawldoodle03 said:
So it for sure takes a 4.5 inch backspace, I wasn't sure on that.This is my first 66 nova because I have allways had 66 chevelle's. Thanks for your reply and I'm sure I will be asking more questions.
Not necessarily...I have 205/50/17 tires and 17x7 whells with 4"bs.They work fine.4.5 is a better fit and you can have more rubber.Do like ovrdrive said and check out novaresource.org.Its also a good idea to save it to your favorites....its a great site with lots of answers to alot of questions.good luck bm
ps post some pics of your ride....we love pics:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts