Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first time to restore a car I have restored a 55 f100 but wanted to build a car this time so I got what I think is Lucky and found a 68 nova tucked away in the corner of a older gentleman's garage he sold it to me for 500 so I jumped on it the subframe of the car is tweaked a bit but the rest of the car is in good shape... Now my question is what other subframes will bolt to my nova cause its hard to find someone who has a 68 nova that they are parting out...If a camaro will work that's more easier to get a hold of and what year would work....thanks

·
Registered
259 Posts
Any 68 - 72 Nova frame would work. There may be some slight cosmetic differences in the 69-72 frame but it will work. Also a 68 or 69 Camaro frame will work as well.

·
14,585 Posts
You can run a 73/74 frame also. You will have to drill 2 new holes to mount your bumpers but that is it. I have a 73 subframe on my 72.

·
Registered
982 Posts
http://www.1stgencamaro.net/frame.htm

check these measurements, if your frame is within 1/8th inch of these, your alignment and steering will all be able to work.

67-69 camaro
68-72 acadians omegas apollos, and venturas all work too.

but check your frame first, its possible its still acceptable despite a slight tweek. when we do restorations, we are doing most of the work to a higher degree of acuracy then they were even built with at factory.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts