Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a mint 71 subframe on my Nova (drum brakes) and a mint 73 subframe (disc brakes)on a parts car I have. I am going to be pulling the subframe for resto and wonder will the 73 bolt in no mods and look correct or should I use the 71?? Will the disc brake stuff on the 73 fit the 71?? Thanks!! AL

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Hopefully someone will chime in with more info, but I think the frames will interchange, how ever you'll have to drill a couple of hole for the bumper brackets, that the 73 will not have. Why not just swap the brakes?

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Yes to both. The frame will swap and so will the brakes. There will be some different mounting holes (and you may have to drill a few) but I highly most people will notice. The only real difference are the motor mounts. 1973 has the newer (and better) "clam shell" mounts.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
yes it will bolt up to the body . but there are comestic differences between each year. so far i found out 68 is alone and so is 69 and 70 but 71 and 72 may be the same but im working on that. and 73 is alone and so is 74... there cosmetic deffeerces on each like the 68 have the lower control arm bumper snubber facing the back of the car. while for 69 it was moved to the front. then 70 had some differnet holes stamped into it. and then 71 had even more extra holes stamped into it but not sure what else they changed to it yet. i started a tread somewhere on here about this....ill have to find it...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks!

Cool....I will reuse my 71 subframe so it is "correct" and steal the brakes off the 73! Many thanks Kemosabi's!! AL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts