Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this O.K.? Will I feel more vibrations with them like this? I thought about clearancing the floor pans with BFH but I didn't. I just bolted one side on and it's hitting in a few places. I guess the body there is sagging a little.

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
Break out the torches and modify the frame connecters. mine were doing the same thing on my 67 when i put them in so i cut a slice in them bent them down until i got about a 1/4 inch of clearance and welded them back up. just my 2 cents

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
Mine are pressed up tight against the floor in one spot. It hasn't hurt anything, so I left it. I figure it gives the floor more support.

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Ok, might sound a lil cheesy but I would take a sharpie pen and mark the areas that the contact is touching or within an 1/8". Mark the connectors.

Then get some 1/8" rubber sheet. Can be real rubber or poly, whatever is less expensive. And cut strips the size of the contact areas, as wide as the connectors. Glue them on with some GOOD (weldwood) contact adhesive. Follow the directions. A smear on each piece, let it tack up, even dry, then put the strips of rubber on the rails. They will stay in place for good with good adhesive. And bolt them back up. If you need to compress the rubber a lil with some hydraulic help not a problem, unless you start to push the pan up too much.

That will give you a quiet ride, no metal to metal rubbing or vibrations.

My are weld in that are fully welded into the floor. JR

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I finally got the passenger side installed, It's contacting the floor pan in the same spot as the driver side one. I'm just going to run them like so for a while and see how they do.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
both of mine hit on my 72 but i haven't noticed any vibrations or anything, just a much stiffer chassis

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That will be fine with me if it's a little stiffer. How much you think my 60" will drop? Without subframe connectors and with 225 street tires my best 60" was 1.95. I'm going to get some Mickey Thompson ET drag radials 275/60/15. Hopefully I can get it down a little more.

·
Registered
13 Posts
When I installed my sub-frame connectors I marked the floor pans, cut them out per manufacturers instructions, and welded everything back together and everything is loverly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts