Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am getting ready to put the subframe back in my car and need to know what i can use to line it up its a 72.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NovaResource said:
There are alignment tabs to get you close. Measure diagonally to make sure it's square. I like to use the sway bar mount holes on the front subframe to the forward leaft spring mount holes.
what size are the holes in the alignment tabs it looks like i could put a dowell or something in it thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,151 Posts
Good call, Max. And I think they are 5/8" holes, brownie. Theres a post on here with a frame alignment diagram if youll do a search. Or I can email it to you if you want it. It may help some too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,372 Posts
I used long 1/2" socket extensions, got me close, then I measured.
M
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
5,134 Posts
RallyNova said:
I used wood dowells. They were a tight fit and didn't allow it to move. I got it within 3/16th of square.

Also remember to put the thick washer in correctly. It will mess you up with out it.
With a new set of aftermarket rubber mounts I had to leave the washer out.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
CDJr said:
Good call, Max. And I think they are 5/8" holes, brownie. Theres a post on here with a frame alignment diagram if youll do a search. Or I can email it to you if you want it. It may help some too.
If you could that would help thanks.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
YENKO DEUCE REG said:
I used long 1/2" socket extensions, got me close, then I measured.
M
I wil give that a try also its been to cold to go out in the garage the last few nights i will fire the heater up over the weekend and get it done.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
New rubber mounts

Why would you have to leave the washer out of the new rubber mounts? Just curious because next week i am gonna be putting my front sub-frame back on. Also do you know where I can find that Alignment Diagram here on Steves?

Thanks, Howard :chev:
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
5,134 Posts
Sheetsinater said:
Why would you have to leave the washer out of the new rubber mounts? Just curious because next week i am gonna be putting my front sub-frame back on. Also do you know where I can find that Alignment Diagram here on Steves?

Thanks, Howard :chev:
My new mounts were slightly thicker. With the new mounts and no washer (the extra 1/4" thick one between the rubber and body) my fenders lined up perfectly
at the door.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
Thanks for the diagram and info I had heard that you have to becareful about aftermarket body bushing because of a line up problem. But I wasn't sure what everyone meant by it. Thanks for explaing it.

Thanks again, Howard :chev:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,137 Posts
At the bottom of the one in the post it says 73-70 Nova. Also it should be the same for 69-74. The bushings just changed a little in 73 and 74 not the actual alignment.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top