Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok as u have read in my other posts i have built a little hi out put 307 and built rearend now i need to build my frame to take it and im thinking sub frame conecters would be the way to go so were can i find them and wich ones are the best. now next ? can i run a four link without having to tube my rearend? and if i can where can i find them

·
Registered
436 Posts
Summit Racing is always a good place to start. I bought my subframes for my 76 there. I bough the bolt in style and then welded them for reinforcement since I don't see any point in removing them any time down the road. I think I paid a little over $100 for mine. It's also a good idea to get new body bushings too if you haven't already replaced them, because you're going to have to loosen the rear body mount from the subframe to install them.

As for the 4-link, I was looking into that for my 76, but my research has lead me to believe they are specifically for coil over suspension. If you're using rear leafs, then you'll probably want to look into a set of Lakewood or Competition Engineering traction bars, and they go for $100 - $150. Or for a little over $300 a slide-a-link kit, also available through Summit, can be installed and pretty much acts like a 4-link for a leaf suspension. Don't quote me on that though, there's other people here that probably know more about the 4-link than me.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Cal-tracks transfer the power to the ground like no other. I have never heard anyone say they wish that they had not put them on. They are supposed to be amazing.

If i was going to do a radical change to the rear suspension it would be a truck arm. I've never seen a fourth (or third) gen nova with a truck arm.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts