Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys here is my dillema, I bought a set of comp eng. sub-frame connectors from a guy on CRAIGS LIST.
I was told they were on his 72 nova, they were in great shape so I bought them ( note he did have 2 very bad 3rd gen nova's )
when iI got them home they sat for 6 months and when I went to install them they dont fit, Isearched the posts on this site , found a couple ( thanks al ) but still no go?
My question is can someone measure the length of the steel tube for me, and do I need to alter the bracket on the connector ? :devil:
also if you do have to are there any pics thanks !

·
Registered
75 Posts
what "doesn't fit". the sub connectors are designed with some gap at the very back do allow for floor pan variance. I've seen the sides of the back welded to the frame sides, then a filler pieced welded to the back. Or is your fitment problem at the front subframe?

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
Thats a very hard question to answer. Being there on numerous styles and different brands of sub frame connectors. I will get some pics of mine with measurments but not sure it will help. I have the round tube design that are made so you dont have to cut the floor boards. Some of the sub frame connectors out there need the floor trimmed in order to fit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts