Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so unlike some of you drag racers out there in this beloved country i have no truck or trailer i have to drive to my local track with all my stuff in the trunk one of those items is my canopy my question is how do i keep my canopy from blowing away when the wind pics up ? they park us on asphalt so its sorta hard to tie it down i was thinking of bringing my hilti and nailing it into the asphalt :yes: but i dont think they would like that :no: any ideas would be highly helpful :yes:

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
Weigh it down using heavy objects like your tool box, spare tire, sand bags, lead filled pots. Get some rope or adjustable tie downs. RM

·
Registered
761 Posts
you work in rancho cucamonga , I live in rancho we can take my truck with what ever you need inside of the camper shell :yes: when my car is ready for the track , I will tow my car and we still have a trailer (If something broke )and a camper shell to store stuff nphnp:yes:

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you work in rancho cucamonga , I live in rancho we can take my truck with what ever you need inside of the camper shell :yes: when my car is ready for the track , I will tow my car and we still have a trailer (If something broke )and a camper shell to store stuff nphnp:yes:
thanks steve. but what happens if both are cars break at the same time :eek: maybe then we can use that 200 mile aaa roadside assistance :yes:

·
Registered
751 Posts
when i travel and get on asphalt pits, i used my fuel jug. I keep it in the shade all the time anyway and on the right side it will stay in the shade there all day. Hook one tie down to the jug handle other to frame of canopy.

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
Whatever you do, don't leave your stuff unattended on Thursday nights--I have lost about $1500 worth of tools and fuel jugs on 2 separate occasions.
On Sundays during the Summit Series, you could leave cash sitting out in the open, but the scumbags that show up on Thursdays will take anything not bolted down. We have tried several times to get the track to keep spectator vehicles out of the pit area, but it hasn't happened yet.
I carry a cable lock like for a bike, and loop it thru all the handles of my box and jugs and then around a lamp post or.......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts