Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am missing 2 of the strut rod nuts on my 66. Does anybody know what size they are? I bought 5/8-18 and they dont work, and 3/4-16 is to big.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will check and see if I have any more i bought a box of them. How many do you need.
I need 2. They must be a special nut as C2O gets $4 a piece for them. Also do happen to know is there suppose to be a washer or lock washer used with them? The rubber bushings look to be upgraded from the stock style. When I bought the car it came as a shell and 20 some boxes of parts. Its like putting a jigsaw puzzle together.

·
Registered
491 Posts
nuts

Chevy 2 only. I couldn't find them anywhere in my area.

·
Premium Member
14,614 Posts
I need 2. They must be a special nut as C2O gets $4 a piece for them. Also do happen to know is there suppose to be a washer or lock washer used with them? The rubber bushings look to be upgraded from the stock style. When I bought the car it came as a shell and 20 some boxes of parts. Its like putting a jigsaw puzzle together.
There should be two big fat washers that cup the strut rod bushings. There's one on the engine side and another on the bumper side of the strut rod bracket.

It should be:

NUT->WASHER->BUSHING [FRAME] <-BUSHING -< WASHER -< NUT

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I just got off the C2O website thought I would order a couple ($5.95) nuts. I also needed a ignition bezel nut and a steering wheel nut total came to $22 and some change. Ok I will buy, until they tell me its going to be $11 to ship. Thats crazy. I really like the service I get from them but I think they need to work on their shipping cost.

·
Premium Member
14,614 Posts
Well I just got off the C2O website thought I would order a couple ($5.95) nuts. I also needed a ignition bezel nut and a steering wheel nut total came to $22 and some change. Ok I will buy, until they tell me its going to be $11 to ship. Thats crazy. I really like the service I get from them but I think they need to work on their shipping cost.
Many a Nova parts place has lost a sale at the last minute for doing stuff like that. :yes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts