Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am putting my car back together and just glued in the headliner and now I am installing the trim. I know I'm missing a few pieces but I thought I had the correct long pieces that go across the windshield and back glass. Are these the right pieces and what am I missing? I know I am missing the pieces running down the back of the sail panel. I have two more of the little corner pieces. Not sure why two have holes in them and the other two don't. I assume the two with holes, which are steel, are original. Any help would be very much appreciated.

·
Vendor
1,762 Posts
Are you working on a '62? Your sig says a '63. The pieces w/ the holes look like '62 headliner trim, which was metal and one year only. Are the other little pieces plastic?

The first plastic piece in your hand looks like a front windshield piece. The second one in your hand is hard to tell, my first thought is rear due to the ribs. But it also does not look like a Nova piece to me.

·
Registered
582 Posts
the first picture is a mix of years, from my knowledge: the two longer hockey stick-style pieces are for a 66-7 rear window bottom; the two little ones between those with the holes are for front windshield top corner of a 62-65 sedan; the last two are for the rear top corners for a 62-65.

the top trim for the windsheld is split into two because of the rear view mirror, so it is easy to differentiate from the rear that way--and like SouthBays said it looks different, too.

-Rusty

·
Registered
303 Posts
I have found On early 63 hardtops in the front by the visors use The pieces with the holes. The Later run cars do not use them I have a mix of both in my yard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
3,839 Posts
Learn something new every day. Had no idea about the early '63 cars coming with the trim. I remember pulling out so much of that stuff from the junkyard back in the day because none of it was reproduced, and it cracked so easily.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I painted all this red trim with SEM plastic paint.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts