Chevy Nova Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
If the body is all radiused then nothing really. It’s got removable bleeds and flows a little more over a stock choke horn body. I believe quick fuel was making the pro form bodies.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Yes the 67100c is the one I have used on my 700.
Just for the guys who may see this subject and ask....the 650, 700, 750, and 800 cfm Holley double pumps that this main body fits all share the 1-11/16" throttle plate diameter, that's how this main body fits them all.
The difference in CFM was by way of either booster style and/or venturi minor diameter in the main body....so whether you start with a 650 or an 800, this main body turns them all into 800 cfm.

so, Bracketchev70, you no longer have a 700....it's an 800 now.

Important to know for initial jetting set-up.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Just for the guys who may see this subject and ask....the 650, 700, 750, and 800 cfm Holley double pumps that this main body fits all share the 1-11/16" throttle plate diameter, that's how this main body fits them all.
The difference in CFM was by way of either booster style and/or venturi minor diameter in the main body....so whether you start with a 650 or an 800, this main body turns them all into 800 cfm.

so, Bracketchev70, you no longer have a 700....it's an 800 now.

Important to know for initial jetting set-up.
Yes that is correct. I was just saying mine started as a Holley 700 and that was the body I bought. And like you said the 850 uses a different plate. Messed that up as a kid. Put a smaller body on an 850 plate when the original baseplate broke. Thing wouldn’t idle worth a crap and I had the headers glowing!!!

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Well never got the damn car out of the garage. Installed the new main body went to fire her up and gas was pouring down the intake. Took the carb back off to check everything over and all was fine. (Thought I screwed something up). Adjusted floats and idle fired her up again and got a really nice crisp throttle response better than before, never took it
Motor vehicle Automotive design Hood Vehicle Automotive exterior
out for a ride though. But why would I have to adjust the floats and idle they were good before ?

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
The floats are connected to the bowl but every time you break the carb apart, you should make sure they're adjusted correctly again. Just like the accy pump shot arm and spring or tube if it's solid. Instant actuation. Good it's working though!! can't wait to hear how the first trip out goes!!

21 - 35 of 35 Posts