Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I did a doozy today. Working on the carb had a dead spot off idle well fixed the dead spot but in the process my dumb ass stripped the threads tighting down the rear squirter on the carb.馃槼 Maybe buying a new main carb section or do I have an excuse going EFI now.馃

Premium Member
Damn, @lwlevens that blows! I know a helicoil in that spot would be sketch city but it may work... A new main body isn't all that much $ considering you can get some pretty nice upgrades these days with a milled choke (or none cast in at all) for a few $ over a stocker. Either way, sucks a$$. Sorry. As for EFI, depends on what you want... And what kind of EFI. Port injected or batch throttle body... $ is quite a difference in those but I know you know that... You've been around. Can't wait to find out which way you end up going... (Or both, fix carb, buy EFI... :p ).

Premium Member
Pro form 67100C
If you do decide on this one, Speedway has them the cheapest! I can't believe the price difference these guys have on everything! I got my Brodix heads from them and saved over $300 and free shipping. Crazy!!

Premium Member
If you don't mind giving your money to the richest d-bag on earth... yeah. I refuse to shop at amazon but, that's just me. for an extra few $$, I sleep well at night knowing I kept another hotrod supplier in business for another 20 minutes :p

Just my $0.02 again... No judgement. Only what I do. (y) :) :geek:

Premium Member
Not a bad setup if you have the tools and ability to complete the repair properly. Nothing like having a squirter get sucked down a dominator at a WFO pass on the ol' 1,320.. I had a baseplate screw come loose on one of my small blocks on a pass and boy, that cylinder really didn't like it much...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts