Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
If you're accepting honest opinions, I think 1st and 2nd gens weren't meant to have stripes. But as the owner of your ride, I think you can paint it anyway you like. By the way, what color were you deciding on?

·
Registered
185 Posts
I like the hood only idea, but I think at the least terminate the rear stripes at the top trunk trim line and not follow them down, it seems a bit much.

Depending on the color though, these cars are small enough they don't really need stripes.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I think the hood looks decent. If the stripe would stop a little short of the hood edge, it would give it some clarity of the overall stripe. The rear would look better if it stopped short of the body line like mentioned above. Maybe eliminate rear stripe and if you wanted some black on the rear, you could black out the back panel from left tail light to right tail light in the recessed area. just a thought.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Nice ride! I think that the cowl gives it all the character that it needs! The stripes would not be my preference but it is YOUR car, make what you want

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the feedback guys... most likely will repaint the car in a slightly darker blue.

Still unsure if I will retain the stripes. If I do they will terminate at the trunk/boot lid.

I don't have to make a decision for another 6-8 weeks :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not a fan of stripes on a first gen nova but you should paint however you like it of course. Could also go with some vinyl stripes so if you ever want to sell the car the next buyer could delete them if they liked.

·
Premium Member
3,882 Posts
If you wanted contrast I would consider painting the hardtop and rear tail light areas black and the rest solid blue. It’s a good looking car though I’m not sure I’d paint it at all. My 67 hard top cost a ton to paint so I am aware of the process and price. Stripes wouldn’t be my choice on a 62-67 nova. My 69 camaro has the side ss stripes though
My .02

1 - 15 of 15 Posts