Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m currently serving in Honduras for a year and I was unable to finish the body panel replacement and paint on my car before I left so I’m having a shop that I trust finish it up for me but my mind is kind of tied between two types of stripes I should put on the car and I was hoping a few of you could help me decide one way or the other.

Let me first start by telling everyone it’s a 70 nova and I am painting the car with a Sour Apple Green with a Platinum silver for the stripes and engine bay. So I’m torn between the traditional racing stripes or a stripe similar to the rendering below.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
The hood one is nice, but the 1/4 panel stripe looks like a mopar billboard stripe :confused:
edit: We think alike I guess. You beat me too it though.

I like it but I dont like the stripe on the rear quarter. Reminds me too much of the billboard stripe on cudas.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the hood stripe is the one I was reffering too. I really didn't care for the quarter panel art either.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Only two opinions? Racing stripes or the hood stripe in the rendering? Help me out I need more opinions.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I think the hood stripe in the drawing is good looking and I do not think you could go wrong using it. Deciding between the two is difficult but if "I" had to decide I would pick the traditional racing stripes. Post pics when your car is finished please.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
I would do the stripes on the hood and trunk like GM did on the Camaro/Chevelles back in the late 60's early 70's.

Bryan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts