Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
My son ran a 650 vacuum advance Street Demon in his 71' SB Cheyenne, with built 350/350hp and 700R4 combo. Pulled it off after 1 year of constant anemic performance and replaced with Summit Racing's brand. Night and day difference.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
demon carb

What were the problems? Talked to a demon rep at Hot August Nighs in Reno this weekend and he said this carb would revolutionize fuel delivery. He also talked a good case for why this carb would be perfect for my mildly modified 350. Sometimes what sounds to good to be true is just that.

·
Registered
531 Posts
What were the problems? Talked to a demon rep at Hot August Nighs in Reno this weekend and he said this carb would revolutionize fuel delivery. He also talked a good case for why this carb would be perfect for my mildly modified 350. Sometimes what sounds to good to be true is just that.
Sounds like a sales pitch to me. I have being fighting with my uncle for the past year or so about this issue. I feel that the most reliable, economic cost effective and streetable Carb out is Holley. He says edelbrock is the best. I will not put a edelbrock even if someone gave me one. At least not yet.
Demon? Sounds like trouble to me.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Sounds like a sales pitch to me. I have being fighting with my uncle for the past year or so about this issue. I feel that the most reliable, economic cost effective and streetable Carb out is Holley. He says edelbrock is the best. I will not put a edelbrock even if someone gave me one. At least not yet.
Demon? Sounds like trouble to me.
My dads 71 Cheyenne 350 has an edelbrock on it the first one was junk and was sent back due to factory defects? the replacement isn't much better it has starting issues sometimes it starts right up and other times it doesn't want to start at all. I wanted to put a holley on it from the start, his mechanic suggested the eddy. his mechanics camaro has a holley go figure. for street performance Holley seems the easiest to tune and modify and is always reliable My .02

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Are you referring to the new Street Demon that is all chrome looking and smooth? Never saw one in person, just in ads in car magazines and stuff. Looks cool for show cars and stuff, haven't heard how they perform though.

I know some guys that love their Demon carbs, others love their Holleys, and others love their Edelbrock. Its all subjective. People tend to have issues with one carb and then feel the entire brand sucks. I had bad luck with a Holley years ago, ran like crap, put an Edelbrock on and it ran awesome. Doesnt mean all Holleys suck, just means that particular carb had issues, needed a rebuild, wasnt tuned to my engine, etc.

I agree, what that guy was telling you sounds like a sales pitch to me. If it were me personally, I'd stick with something thats been around for a while and has several people using it that like it and know how to tune it in case you need help. But sometimes trying something new out can be fun too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts