Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came across a guy selling well actually trading an old edelbrock torker intake this seems like an old model maybe from the 70s had a patent number from that era but the strange part that I saw about it was the top of it where the carb sits its at an angel leaning towards the front of the motor it doesn't look like its been machined has anyone seen anything like that? He wants to trade for a smog legal intake which I can easly get

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Yes that is very popular. A lot of manifolds are machined angled like that so the carb sits level in a stock chassis car, because the engines are tipped back. Race based intakes are flat top because they are expected to be in a chassis where the engine sits level, like a tube chassis car. If you are talking about the twisted flange where the carb is not square on the motor, the early BB chevy Torker was made that way.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes that is very popular. A lot of manifolds are machined angled like that so the carb sits level in a stock chassis car, because the engines are tipped back. Race based intakes are flat top because they are expected to be in a chassis where the engine sits level, like a tube chassis car. If you are talking about the twisted flange where the carb is not square on the motor, the early BB chevy Torker was made that way.
Well that makes more sense but from what I remember this one was tilted forward wish I got a pic I remember thinking why on earth would it tilt forward it doesn't look machined thats what's got me stumped

1 - 5 of 5 Posts