Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a much discussed subject and I have read most of the previous threads. However, I'm getting ready to buy and install the Strange tapered roller bearing eliminator kit with axles and wanted to see if anyone has any last minute advice or suggestions. The 12 bolt rear in my '72 Nova is from a '71 Chevelle and has 4.11 gears. Thanks.

·
Registered
131 Posts
tappered bearings

why cup and cone bearings? are you going to roadrace this thing?nascar?c-clip eliminator kits come with bearing housings, doulble sealed bearings and lock rings. unless you change the axles to a ford type bearing and weld housing ends on.vonbondo.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Strange does not recommend the ball bearing eliminators for the street. They are not designed for side loads and will eventually leak. The circle track set up will handle the street, but comes with larger axles also, not a bad thing.

·
Registered
131 Posts
axles

thats funny,when i ran summers bros in ontario,i sold those c-clip eliminator axles like hot cakes, and never had any come back.vonbondo.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Personaaly I'd go witht he Moser c-clip eliminators over the Strange ones. My friend had the Strange brand, and we had to replace them in a very short time. My Mosers have a couple thousand miles on them and are fine. Plus they use a sealed bearing and a 1 peice housing. I feel it's a better design. IMO.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts