Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1972 Nova - 4 door - straight 6
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a non-running 1972 4 door that has sat for over 10 years. The tires are no good and although i can't drive it anyway i still want to look into tires. Right now it has 225/70/14 on what looks like a factory rim? What size should i run on the 14"s or should i go up to a 15"?
Tire Automotive tire Wheel Tread Synthetic rubber

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
right now, with limited money and basic tools, i want to make it a driver and work on it as i go. I think in the end i want it to look nice but maybe not stock. I'm a v8 guy but i am going to give this 6l a chance.Thanks for the info, i think i might stick with the size thats on that rim. I love those rims and would hate to lose them because i went to a 15.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That’s what I’m thinking! I’m looking at a few media blasters, some primer, some paint….or should go with powder coating? Not sure what it would cost to powder coat and I’m low on funds.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Barely even have a budget. What kind of paint would you use? Rattle can? What brand? I’ve done some plasti-dip on my truck but not rims. I’m thinking maybe paint or plasti-dip them black and put on some beauty rings and nice lugs. Would beauty rings work on this style of rim?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I always wanted the BFGs, but for my truck (i run 33x12.5 on 20s) it would be a fortune. Good to know the letters turn brown, maybe i will stay away for sure now. I was looking at Cooper Cobras. Tires are a long way down the road though. The more i look at this nova the more problems i find. Might be out of my league on this one!
Anyway, after doing some looking, my rears are 225/70/14 and the fronts are 195/75/14. Lets say i stay that size or go up/down, my question is: are the rims specific to the axel? Like can i put the rear rim on the front? Any weird backspacing i should know about? If i pull the rims, sandblast them, paint them, do i need to worry about front or back since there is no tire on them?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts