Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I just bought a '73 Nova with a 307 and TH 350 trans. My goal is to get into the 12:50's. The motor is not the fastest but I plan on making that up with nitrous...My question is how well can the stock 350 trans and converter hold up to about 350hp?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well when I bought the car the trans was already slipping... so I was wondering if I should save money and just have it rebuilt to stock or spend the money and get stronger clutch plates etc. I appreciate the help...

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
Cost of a better clutches or even changing to a second gear 5 or 6 disc clutch pack is not that much money.

Have it done correct. Also have a good sprag gear installed.

You will be fine past 350hp mark!

Al

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Will the stock converter be able to handle a 100 shot of nitrous, or should I get a stronger one? And if so what do you think you be a good converter for my set up?

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
sure the converter will handle a 100 shot thats not the issue its the motor im worried about its the first to go then the trans :yes:

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
oh and one more thing welcome to the site keep an eye out in the southwest region lots of socal get togethers we are having one this weekend the 30th at john force in yorba linda check out in the southwest region :yes:

·
Registered
508 Posts
the tranny might be fine for a little while on a stock build but th350's like to burn up in high gear if you beat on them alot. also the spags in them are week so if you going to rebuild it put a little more money in it and you will be alot beter off.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for all the input, I ended up getting a trans and converter from ******* Performance.... Can't wait until it gets here and I can try the car out!!

·
Registered
912 Posts
How long did they tell you it would take before they send it?

I ordered mine 3 weeks ago and it still hasn't been shipped:mad: I called them yesterday and left a message and still haven't heard from them. He told me this week middle of week, nothing. I'm getting nervous. Anybody else have anything to add with dealing with *******?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
How long did they tell you it would take before they send it?

I ordered mine 3 weeks ago and it still hasn't been shipped:mad: I called them yesterday and left a message and still haven't heard from them. He told me this week middle of week, nothing. I'm getting nervous. Anybody else have anything to add with dealing with *******?
They told me 2 to 3 weeks....hope its true and that you get yours soon!

·
Premium Member
3,532 Posts
my stock TH350 and converter has about 200 nitrous passes on it. as quik as 11.13 @120

still works perfect. It was just a good rebuild by Chino Hills Transmission.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts