Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone running headers with stock power steering? how do they fit..what brand are you running?? on a second gen.. thanks cranker

·
Premium Member
8,405 Posts
The bracket that goes to the forward bolt on exhaust manifolds is the only problem with the Saginaw P/S pump. Most good header kits should come with a parts bag. A cheaper header may not.

As near as I remember I made a double ended spacer stud out of bar stock in my lathe. I'm sure there are other solutions such as using washers all the way to using an aftermarket P/S bracket.

·
Registered
47 Posts
p/s with headers (brackets)

how do you guys get around the bracket issue with stock pump and headers.
does anybody sell brackets for this.
all i have is a set of headers that came with the car,not even sure if they will work or who made em.
small block by the way in a 72

·
Registered
11,904 Posts
well i have the same problem as well, i just installed new headers on my 72 by the way i also have Ac so i had to buy the ac bracket but i gave summit a ring and they told me my stock ps bracket should be fine so i gotta see my self after i install the drivers side

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
I had an extra set alternator brackes laying around so I took the sleve that went on the long bottom bolt and cut it down to fit.

·
Premium Member
13,309 Posts
I used the bottom mount of the long water pump Alt bracket.... it has the correct offset and just had to trim it a bit...

·
Registered
47 Posts
right on!!!
i have the bracket that the pump is bolted to.but that other bracket that is bolted to the header on yours i dont have. is that part of the p/s brackets or the "said" extra alt bracket????
THANKS FOR PICS MAN!!! YOU ROCK.

·
Premium Member
13,309 Posts
I'll take one of mine when I get home... Its simpler than that one... not better.. just simpler

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
the bracket would be flush with the manifold, the spacer is part of the old alt bracket

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
tomorrow I'll take a pic of the P/S bracket on this el camino Im working on. Its the same set up I used on my old 70m nova and the same I used on a 70 chevelle and a 71 land cruiser.

Ok here is the pic of the bracket from an el camino. This is the same bracket I used on my 70 nova. It bolts off the motor mount bolt and the first header bolt hole. I used two of those metal spacers off a GM brake caliper for the caliper pin guide.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts