Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do the 350 fender emblems go directly on top of the parking lights? Or are they 1/4" above? The brochure does not show it clearly enough. I just want to have some idea before I drill holes.
Thanks for your help
Phil

·
Premium Member
3,554 Posts
I just put the "250" emblems above the sidemarkers on my 74.

Yeah, I know, they didn't come with those.

I placed them 1/4 inch above the sidemarker. Looks good to me.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Phil,

I zoomed on page 8 of the 72 brochure, couldn't tell.
But on the 68-70 brochure pictures, the 350 looks to be on top of the parking lamp. The 71 looks 1/4" above the lamp.:confused:

However, I looked at several books of GM original pictures. Page 119 of Doug Marion's "Chevy II Nova" book shows a good photo of a 1972 sky roof Nova with 350 emblem, which shows the 3 touching the lamp and the 5 & 0 are about 1/4" above the lamp.:yes:

Looking at venturesomerite's 72 350 emblem, it too looks like the 3 is slightly below the 5 & 0. Is his 72 350 emblem an original??:D

Gary

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
As far as I know, yes it is original. But I can't say for sure. I just always thought it was crooked, but I never tried to adjust it. I would be baffled if they really made them that way. But yes, It seems the 3 touches and the rest angle upwards to about 1/4".

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Phil,
I measured a stock GM fender that I have with the emblem and the bezel removed. The measurements that I came up with are as follows. Front emblem hole is 1 1/16 from the marker light opening to the center of the emblem hole and the rear is 1 3/16.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Question, jegs72nova:rolleyes:

With your stock fender, light bezel in place, emblem placed in 2 stud holes; does this place the 3 touching the light bezel and the 5-0 is 1/4" above?

I am asking just so venturesomerite will know also if his 72 350 emblem is right or wrong also.:yes:

Gary:D

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks

Thanks for all your help! I will wait to see what 69 camaro finds out about ventursomerite's ( what does that mean?) crooked emblem. Not sure I could bring myself to install it that way unless it really is period correct.

Your cars are excellent

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
I measured the distance between the the 350 emblem and the bezel. The distance between the front of the 3 and the bezel is 1/8" and the distance between the back of the 0 is 3/16".
This is a stock GM fender on a 72 with aftermarket emblem and bezel. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Phil,:)

Can you check Jegs72nova's posts(2) with his measurements and figure it out?
Or do you need to wait until you get a 1972 assembly manual?

Just wondering......:rolleyes:

Gary

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Phil,:)

Can you check Jegs72nova's posts(2) with his measurements and figure it out?
Or do you need to wait until you get a 1972 assembly manual?

Just wondering......:rolleyes:

Gary
Gary
Yes I think I have the info I need thanks to Jegs72nova and novamanoscar. http://www.stevesnovasite.com/forums/images/icons/icon6.gifUnless you have a copy of the original 72 assembly manual you can let me borrowhttp://www.stevesnovasite.com/forums/images/icons/icon7.gif

1 - 14 of 14 Posts