Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anybody know what the lb. rate of a stock mono leaf off of a 69 nova is? also besides the calvert dual rate mono leafs, what else are you guys using? thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
heres what the car has. it has landrum 150# mono leafs on it with qa1 shocks and caltracs. the car is stiff as hell even with the shocks on there softest setting. it also has the comp engineering sliders on it to replace the shackles. the car does not want to transfer weight at all and it skates like crazy down the track.

those landrum springs have quite a bit of arch to them so the car sits high too.

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
Are you using the poly bushings in the springs? I have found they make the car stuff. My Nova has no shocks on it and with stock mono leafs with the poly and aluminium bushings it is stiff. I plan to work on this when I get back to work on the suspension. With the stock rubber bushings the car was very loose and wouldn't stop bouncing.......LOL. RM

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea, the front is solid and the rear has the poly bushings but with the sliders there is no bind. there are sealed bearings for it to slide on.

does your car skate pretty bad?

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
Haven't driven the car, still has no drive line. RM

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
I have 200lb. Split-Mono's and Caltracs w/QA-1's, sliders and all solid bushings. With no pre-load on the bars, and the shocks on full soft, it rides like a Cadillac! Much softer than stock mono's that are rated like 113lbs.
When you start adding pre-load it gets stiffer, then crank the shocks up half way and it gets stiff in a hurry!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
these landrum springs have a huge arch. i'm thinking this might have something to do with it. thanks for you guys input. i'll take some pics of the car in a few.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts