Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried fitting block hugger headers on a stock front clip 1st or 2nd generation with an LS1? It sure would be nice if they would fit. I don't care to do some slight modifications to make headers work but making a set from scratch would be too much of a pain in the rear for me.

I would like to be able to go to a junkyard and pick up a somewhat new engine. Since LS's have been out a while there would be a lot better selection to pick from.

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Any luck finding any info? I'm interested as well.:yes:

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
There's a lot of threads on this. I searched a few times and came up with the need for either a custom header or a new front clip. The LS based engines are roughly 1" wider than your typical SBC. Because of this everything is even more cramped. Lots of problems...

·
Vendor
7,085 Posts
A member here says that a company is looking into making a stock clip LS header.But no more information than that.I am watching this topic as well.

·
Premium Member
4,554 Posts
I have a set or Street and Performance headers for my LS swap. When I get my small block out, I am going to stab the LS motor into the stock clip, and try the headers. Maybe this will help answer some questions. While I know they aren't long tubes, at least it's an option for folks, and they will allow you to get your swap done until someone makes a long tube. These are swept back to the rear, and look like they will clear even stock suspension.

The headers I have are item "J" in the catalogue, page 99.

http://www.hotrodlane.cc/08 catalog/08onlinecatalogMAIN.html

Let you know how it turns out.....give me a few days....

T,

·
Premium Member
4,554 Posts
Problem is with the passenger side hitting the shock tower since the motor is offset to that side.
I'll do some measuring and let you know. I don't think these S&P's stick out as far as a Super Comps, so might make up for the difference. These headers should be darn close.........:yes:

Modify the towers, it works for big block swaps.:yes::yes:

Exactly.....break out the BFH, and the gas axe........:D

T,

·
Premium Member
3,532 Posts
Turn Key lists 62-67 Nova LS retro fit kits in their ad in Super Chevy. Has anybody called to see what they do for headers?

·
Registered
185 Posts
I'm kinda stuck on this issue right now too. I think i will give in and buy a build-your-own header kit from jegs and a set of LS1 flanges.

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
I have a set or Street and Performance headers for my LS swap. When I get my small block out, I am going to stab the LS motor into the stock clip, and try the headers. Maybe this will help answer some questions. While I know they aren't long tubes, at least it's an option for folks, and they will allow you to get your swap done until someone makes a long tube. These are swept back to the rear, and look like they will clear even stock suspension.

The headers I have are item "J" in the catalogue, page 99.

http://www.hotrodlane.cc/08 catalog/08onlinecatalogMAIN.html

Let you know how it turns out.....give me a few days....

T,
Tom,

Really looking forward to what you find out. I'm assuming there will still be some mods necessary to one of the shock towers, but I would be willing to accept that. Thanks for your help!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts