Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
67 383 4 speed small tire drag radial street car,obviously doesnt hook great,im thinking start with some drag shocks? what about front springs? should i bother replacing or save money and put in coil overs?
thanks

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I ran low 11s -11.0 on bone stock front and rear suspension with traction bars. 8” slicks. Now I’ve got a 4-link rear suspension, mini tubs and run a 10.5” slick. Viking coil over shocks up front.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
stock front

so i should save my money..lol ive only ran it once 12:40 with a 235 drag radial

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I think stock is usually soft enough to have enough upward travel to start. But Moroso stuff is usually a good upgrade for a street strip car that isn't going to break the bank. What are you using in the rear to plant the tire? My Chevelle had Moroso trick springs up front from day 1 until I sold it. So, 11.20's to 8.80's on those springs. It also had Competition engineering 3 way shocks from the 11.20's to the 9.30's. That is when I started upgrading the front end. Went to a Koni SPA-1 shock and then a Strange single adjustable. Never had coil overs in the front of my car.

·
Registered
121 Posts
What do you have done to the rear suspension? Often overlooked is the amount of front suspension separation. From static ride height to the tire coming off the ground. Several coil over kits have shocks with very little travel so it can make traction an issue for cars that need more front end separation.

If it is a street car, I would throw a set of Moroso front springs on it and some QA1 single adjustable shocks that way you can soften the shocks to get it to launch, or tighten them up for a better ride.

Will you be going to the track often with the car?

·
Registered
135 Posts
I used to have the Moroso Trick Spring and 90/10 shocks, (iron headed sbc)used them for a few years. They where really stiff and held the front really high. I cut a full coil off to get it a little lower. Few years ago I went with a strut front end works a lot better for drag only. Best thing on the rear IMHO is cal tracks and good double adjustable shocks you will be amazed what good shocks will do.

·
Registered
180 Posts
67 383 4 speed small tire drag radial street car,obviously doesnt hook great,im thinking start with some drag shocks? what about front springs? should i bother replacing or save money and put in coil overs?
thanks
stock front end and stock front springs , I just have 90/10 drag shocks IMG_0191.jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts