Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there new to the forum just after some advice about tickling up a standard 454.currently getting my hands on a mid 80s 454 engine unsure on the block number as I don't have it yet. but my mechanic has picked it up and it comes all compression tested with report and has 500000 miles on and in good condition.im looking at changing the intake manifold out to a edelbrock performer.im currently stuck for cam choice and what to do with the heads ive got a budget of roughly 5000grand Australian for parts.do I stick with hyd flat tappet or spend the extra on hyd roller set up.car will only be used as a weekend car and will never see track dutys.looking at running 3.7 gears and th400 with 2500 convertor as car does quite abit of highway use.motor will be fitted to a 72 nova.looking for something to make anything north of 450hp.being in Australia its very hard to find any 781 heads so do I just bite the bullet and buy some aftermarket alloy heads or just give the standard ones abit of work.any advise would be great

1 - 1 of 1 Posts