Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a original 283 in my 65 Nova Sedan. Let me first start off saying my first restoration project car :D, so try not to give me to much of a hard time with this!!! Anyways, I've been looking all over the place for original specs when replacing certain mechanical parts. I notice all these aftermarket upgrades for with different lifts for cams, rings and pistons for certain bore sizes, etc. Does anybody know this information or can maybe point me in the right direction. I'm ready to start ordering parts so I can put this thing back together. Just need to know original specs any help will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Go get yourself a pad, pencil and favorite drink and start doing searches in here, as you will not find a better source anywhere on the web.! :no:

·
Premium Member
1,849 Posts
before you order a single part you need to break it down and find out what you have, has it been over bored already ? has he crank been turned ?

how many valve jobs has it had etc etc.

then you need to decided a complete plan, daily driver, week end street strip car or bracket racer.

only then can you come up with a build plan. just throwing parts at it will make a miserable money pit.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Really depends are your skill level, but most all small block chebbie motors are the same. Just different sized parts. The smaller the motor, the smaller things like carbs and cam should be. Anyways, there's a lot of basic engine building books or online reading to help with the basics. But I will tell you if you're rebuilding the whole engine, a local machine will be your best bet to help with measurements, cleaning and checking out the condition of things like the block and heads.

I'm to cheap to buy a crate engine, but it's also a good option.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts