Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what will a stock 73 nova with a 350 and a th350 tans do on the 1/4 mile if driven right

·
Registered
810 Posts
15.75 would be my guess but that's all it is :D, I was at the track this past weekend and a friend took his and it's almost stock. The car has a new converter.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
if driven right
It doesn't take much of a driver to drive a 73 car right. The car should be a cakewalk to drive. If you put a slick on it you might get mid 15's. I had a fairly stock 72 Nova that went 14.93 once. All other runs were mid 15. Make sure you shift at the SAME POINT on each pass. I wouldn't load the converter and I would stage shallow to give it that extra little help. That motor should be low rpm torque, so don't expect to rev the crap out of it. Shift no higher than 5000rpm would be my guess.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
If your looking for the most out of it i suggest advance the timing a little, flip the air cleaner lid upside down for more air flow, fill the tank for traction, dry clean the tire off and stall it up just a little and shift it at 4500rpm, you can also adjust the shift points by turning in the shift module screw on the side of the trans with an allen or tiny screw driver, then you can leave it in drive and will shift itself at 4500. Maybe can get low 15's if your lucky!

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
My experience:

1970 Nova, stock 350 with headers and Summit mufflers, a powerglide trans, and 3.08 gears. 16.2x.

With the same, but with a Demon 625 vacuum secondary carb, and Edelbrock Performer intake. 15.23

That with a Th400 and 2200 stall converter. 14.69 at 94.

I have a different setup now.

You have a th350 which is better, but if it's an original 350/350 car, it most likely has 2.73s. I would fathom a guess of 16.5 or so.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts