Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm restoring a 1972 Nova and would like to make a SS clone. What are the stock rims that came on a 72 SS. Are they the 5 slot rally rims that look like vette rims? Or the 6 slot rims? Did they come with 14 x 7, 14 x 8 and did they use 60s or 70s as far as width? I know there are all types of ways people do it but just want to know what is stock. Thanks for your time, Phil

·
Registered
219 Posts
72s used the six hole rally wheel, 14 x 7 inches. But remember that Rally wheels were not standard on the SS for 72, they had to be ordered separately. Standard would have been the small hubcaps, they looked like baby moons on the 72s.

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
71 SS thanks for your help

This has brochures for all year Novas. You'll see what you need in the brochure for '72.

ClassicNovas.net Nova Brochures
That brochure really helps a lot. Those brochures answer all the questions about what was stock for each year. What a project that 70 SS aws! At least you had something solid to start with.
Thanks again for your help

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bbdon thanks for your time

72s used the six hole rally wheel, 14 x 7 inches. But remember that Rally wheels were not standard on the SS for 72, they had to be ordered separately. Standard would have been the small hubcaps, they looked like baby moons on the 72s.
You saved me from looking for the wrong rims (too bad, I liked the 5 slot type better). I think I'll stay away from the baby moons even though they are really the stock SS rim.

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
You saved me from looking for the wrong rims (too bad, I liked the 5 slot type better). I think I'll stay away from the baby moons even though they are really the stock SS rim.
It's your car, you can put on it, whatever you want. If you want the correct look for car shows, buy both sets and put the correct ones on for the show. Drive it like you stole it with the others!!! :yes:

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update

Hi I'm restoring a 1972 Nova and would like to make a SS clone. What are the stock rims that came on a 72 SS. Are they the 5 slot rally rims that look like vette rims? Or the 6 slot rims? Did they come with 14 x 7, 14 x 8 and did they use 60s or 70s as far as width? I know there are all types of ways people do it but just want to know what is stock. Thanks for your time, Phil
I went with the wheel vintique 50 series (1970 chevelle stock look mags) 15 x 8 with 255 x 60 rear and 235 x 60 front. Look exactly like racinfan83 's rims.

Thanks for your all your help

1 - 8 of 8 Posts