Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am converting my 63 Nova to 5 lug both in rear and front and I do not want to use rally wheels but a stock one. Where do I get 5 of these guys and what are the stock ones look like so I can use a stock hub cap on them. I plan to use a 195 65 15 tires on them. Thanks. Also what is the bolt spacing used? It is confusing to me.

·
Registered
373 Posts
1963 Novas did not come with 15 inch wheels. Also if you have 4 lug hubs your choices will be somewhat limited for aftermarket options. Are you perhaps looking for 14 inch factory wheels or a steel factory style 15 inch?

·
Super Moderator
3,837 Posts
It will be tough, but not impossible.

I can't think of a 15" GM steel rim with the 5 lug pattern that has the correct offset for a Chevy II. Maybe something from an Olds Toronado or something like that, but it won't take the stock hubcap. If a member knows of a steel wheel that would do it, I'd like to know.

Even a Chevy II stock 14" steel rim won't do it, as a 13" wheel cover won't fit on a 14.

A while back, a member had a set of 14" 4-lug rims made by a company called Stockton Wheel. They had the correct offset, and were made to take the 13" wheel cover and have it fit flush against the rim portion of the wheel. I almost bought them, but it registered with me that they had to be custom made and were done by Stockton Wheel, I believe.

http://www.stocktonwheel.com

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Mine came from a 77 Caprice 15x7 steel wheels.. 5 on 4.75” bolt circle 4.25” backspacing. If you want to run the factory SS hubcaps you’ll have to modify them to take a 14” full hubcap but if you want to run dog dish center caps these will work..

You’ll need to be sure that the bolt circle is the standard midsize 4.75” pattern and not the full-size B body 5 on 5” pattern.. Wagons, taxis, and police cars usually had the big bolt pattern and sometimes special equipment group options put the bigger bolt pattern on a vehicle.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,837 Posts
15x7 front and rear? What are the tire sizes and did you have to mod the front fender or roll the lip in the rear at all? Nice pull...would never have thought of that car.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
She rubs with them fatties out back..:yes: 225/60/15 look at the side wall.. Rubs going through corners not going straight.. The fronts are/were 205/60/15 and only made slight contact backing up..

Ghettoman only wants to run 195/65/15 and could probably get away with 205/60/15 all around..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts