Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my transmission is on it's way back from Liberty's Gears (TREMEC TKO 600 now, faceplated with all the goodies), and I now have my McLeod Soft Lok (just waiting on RAM to put the proper spline hub on it). Any ideas on how to set the car up, namely the clutch? I have been told to start with 1 turn of base per 100hp, so to be safe I'll start with 6 turns. Suspension setup, tire setup? The rear suspension has Cal-Tracs and I was running about 12#'s in the tires. I was able to get the car to go 1.6x 60' times, but it was spinning. What launch rpm? Counterweight?

I know a lot of this is foreign, and I've asked a few things on the UMTR board. Just hoping for a different set of seasoned veterans to assist me.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Aron, I'm no expert, in fact all I can tell you is what didn't work for me.
If you want to PM me your phone number and a good time to call, we can talk.
Maybe Bill (straightaxlenova) can give you some insite, he's been running a Soft Lok at different power levels.

---Bill.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Aaron, not sure if you knew, but Red is back at McLeod. He's great, give him a call. Obviously Tim and Rob are good also, but if you didn't buy it from them, they might not be as anxious to help.

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
Aron,
Next time you're at Irwindale talk to Pete Gallup with the blown 65 Chevelle. He knows a little about making a stick car work on a small tire and is a good guy to talk with.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Aron,
Next time you're at Irwindale talk to Pete Gallup with the blown 65 Chevelle. He knows a little about making a stick car work on a small tire and is a good guy to talk with.
I talked to him a few years ago when I was very very very green to all of this. Now I'm just very very green. I've done a lot of talking and calling and even texting! Basically I'm trying to piece together a LOT of people's opinions so I am not just trying one thing. The old flywheel came off last night - that was a PAIN. If all goes as planned the car will be up and running/racing by april 23. That's the goal for now at least.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts