Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I removed the clutch and brake pedals today cus im converting over to a automatic. Is the bracket that the pedals attach to the same when i only put the brake pedal in or does it require a new bracket.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
I'm not sure but I think they are different. My buddy does alot of conversions on novas and camaros and I always see the assembly together with the bracket.

·
Premium Member
8,047 Posts
It should be the same on a 3rd gen. You need the pin the brake pedal swings on. The part built onto the clutch pedal. The clutch pedal comes out and the pin goes in it place. It sticks through the bracket and brake pedal.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Almost every catalog I have here has some sort of conversion kit. Too bad I decided to stick with my automatic. For years I wanted to bang gears but since the project has taken so long, and I'm getting old now, I figured the fun of the clutch would eventually wear off. So I'm keeping the auto. Otherwise, we could have done a swap or something.....Meet halfway, like in Eastern Kansas, and exchanged "the goods". if you need pics let me know,I have a bunch.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Almost every catalog I have here has some sort of conversion kit. Too bad I decided to stick with my automatic. For years I wanted to bang gears but since the project has taken so long, and I'm getting old now, I figured the fun of the clutch would eventually wear off. So I'm keeping the auto. Otherwise, we could have done a swap or something.....Meet halfway, like in Eastern Kansas, and exchanged "the goods". if you need pics let me know,I have a bunch.
Yeah if you have pics of what the automatic brake pedal looks like id love to see them. I have an idea of what it could look like. Maybe i could find something like that in a junkyard.

·
Registered
163 Posts
The bracket is the same but you will need the pin that goes through the bracket and brake pedal that the assembly swings on. On a standard brake/clutch assembly the clutch pedal is built onto the pin, so when you swap in the auto brake pedal you'll need a pin for that or you can do what I did. I sacrificed my clutch pedal by cutting it off the pin and reused it for the automatic brake pedal. Hope that makes sense.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts